I'm Allison. Lover of Jesus, Disney season pass holder, and monogrammer of all things.
First and foremost, thank you so much for checking out my page! I am beyond excited to share my experiences and very thankful for everyone who has been following my journey thus far. This blog is about my life, my travels, lessons learned, laughs shared, and adventures of making my way in the Big City. My hope is that this blog encourages you and inspires others to dream as big as me.
And so let's begin... xoxo
Hey y’all! It’s been a while since my last post, almost a year to be completely honest. I started writing this in August and planned to press publish on my birthday. And then decided to wait until the new year rolled around. And then decided to never publish it at all. This year has been sprinkled with challenges: loss, health issues, and disappointments. But these 12 months have also been full of love, incredible friends, new adventures, and the best family a girl could dream up.
Throughout the year, I compiled a list of statements, mantras, words of advice, and little reminders that have resonated with me. And after editing this post over a dozen times, these 18 are the ones that made the cut.
1. Be surrounded with people that make me better. Find people that encourage me, celebrate with me, cry with me, laugh with me, and want to take on life with me.
2. My mom will always be my best friend. She is my biggest cheerleader, my first phone call, and first person to tell me when I am wrong.
3. A latte can help conquer the world. It is a nap in a cup.
4. Remember the little things that make someone smile. A hand-written note, a phone call, a fourth cookie.
5. Help someone with no expectations in return.
6. I will never make everyone happy. My need to people-please steals my own joy because I am affected by what someone else thinks of me.
7. Travel the country, travel the world. I gain so much insight on how other people experience life when I venture outside of my bubble.
8. Kindness will never be overrated.
9. Trying to find the best in someone can bring out the worst in me. I cannot change someone, no matter how hard I try. It’s like Glinda using the wand to change the frock into a ballgown. It’s not gonna happen.
10. Comparison doesn’t welcome gratefulness. I cannot be thankful if I am constantly wanting to be like someone else.
11. Doubt ruins more dreams than failure ever will.
12. Bitterness can ugly a beautiful heart.
13. Put the phone down. Stop looking at the screen and start experiencing everything first hand. (sorry mom, I’m working on this…)
14. Never apologize for what I believe. If I find myself changing my morals, I actually need to change my friends.
15. Have an open mind and an open heart. Listen and invest in people.
16. Bags of chips should only be opened before midnight. I learned this the hard way.
17. My worst day is someone’s best day. Perspective changes everything.
18. Dreams don’t have deadlines. And I’m still learning this every day. My best made plans have not always been the best plans, and God’s sovereign hand has been so apparent in every aspect of my life.
Thank you for following along with me on this adventure. I can’t wait to share more pictures, stories, and smiles with y’all!